Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Marry me, apple!

In the first few runs, I constantly had to talk to myself to give myself encouragement. "Just a couple of minutes and the hard part is over", or "After the roundabout it's all downhill", etc. But not today! Today? I sang! With my brand new Apple iPod shuffle. This thing is TWEE. It weighs nothing, clips on to your running clothes, and the earbuds mostly stay in.

The run? Same route as Monday, about 2.5km, in 17:34. I also had to stop at the roundabout to tie my shoe lace, which had apparently been undone for most of the run. In the "Stupid is on the Run" segment of this entry, let me tell you how I dressed for this run. I came home wearing jeans and a fleece pullover that I normally run in. I hadn't been wearing the pullover all day, just after I came home from work earlier in day, so after I came in later in the evening, I changed my jeans to running pants and went out for the run. I came back feeling warmer than usual, but just figured I worked hard. Or maybe I forgot that I was wearing A SWEATER under the pullover. D'oh!

No comments: