Monday, January 8, 2007

A half marathon, you say?

Didn't run yesterday, since I got in fairly late and wanted to rest for a day. Went out late today (at 11:00pm) and tacked on another half a km or so to the usual route, so that's about 2.5km. Only walked about 20 steps across the turnabout. Felt pretty good except that I ran without a hat and the cold makes me ears hurt, which in turn makes my head hurt.

The run today lasted 17:09, so it seems that I'm picking up speed, and wanting to die much less with every run, as it happens.

Tomorrow my brother Totem arrives back home from a trip to Canada, and will be bringing me a pedometer, so that I can know for sure how far I'm actually running. So far I've been guessing according to M's timing. I'll be totally annoyed when I learn that it's far less than the 2km I thought it was...

Now chatting with M and the Madrilenos, and they're throwing about mad ideas like running a half marathon sometime soon. A quick search indicates a half marathon in Nice, France on April 29th. Too soon, you say? Yeah, me too, but I'm going to aim for that. EEP!

I suppose if I increase my distance by a half a km each week, I should be up to 5k speed within a month, which is my immediate race goal, so I suppose a half marathon isn't ENTIRELY out of the question at the end of April. EEP!!!

No comments: